Friday, August 15, 2008

Moving in two weeks

I changed my moving date to Friday, August 29 because Travis and I are going to be in Seattle for a few days at the beginning of that week in order to make sure everything is in line with the house on which we are making an offer.

Yes, we found a house that might work for us! It's an enormous (3700 sq ft) place in Kent, which is actually closer to downtown Seattle than Federal Way. We would need to do a lot of cosmetic work on the interior as the previous owners just trashed the place, but it's bank owned and looks to be priced right. We'll see how our offer goes; Travis likes this place a lot, and I think it would be a great place for us to build some value.

I'm working on finishing up our paperwork for the financing on the new house, and we need to pick a realtor to sell our existing house here very soon.

I cannot believe that I am moving in just two weeks. Nearly every day and night is packed full of stuff to do, people to see and going away parties to go to. It's insane, but good. We have so many people here that we are going to miss desparately, and it will be nice to hang out with the Minnesota peeps before I go.

Get ready for a crazy time - moving across country is scary!

-SKH

1 comment:

Schmiddy said...

I don't want you to go.