Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back in the Seattle

This time, I brought the kitty!

As mentioned on here before, I planned on bringing Ninja to Seattle with me when I came back from my vacation. I did it. I was very nervous about the kitty on the plane, particularly after she pretty much rejected the liquid Benadryl that was meant to make her calm. Seriously, she spit as much out as possible, sort of throwing up, and then foamed some of it at her mouth. Not cool! (Can you imagine trying to explain to the airport officials that she didn't have rabies? Right.)

I got to the airport about 75 minutes before my flight left, and to go through security, I had to take the kitty out of her carrier and carry her with me through the metal detector. She did fine in the airport really, just meowed some. She was very meowy and agitated at takeoff, but then I put the whole carrier on my lap and pet her the entire three hour trip, and that seemed to help. She freaked out at landing, but I get that. If I were a cat, I would, too.

I let her roam free in the car on the way back to my apartment, and I think that was the right choice. She was pretty meowy, but I think it would have been WAY worse if she stayed in the carrier.

Prior to the whole airport deal, I had a great time at lunch over at my parents' house. Travis and I picked up a whole ton of Famous Dave's BBQ, and then we met up with Lisa and Beth at Mom and Dad's. I ate too much, but it was delicious, and the company was great. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Well, I am exhausted...it's hard work being stressed about your pet when you fly!!

-SKH

2 comments:

Schmiddy said...

Go Ninja, go! Glad you both made it.

BTAN said...

Glad to hear that you both made it to Seattle safe and sound. It was great to see you yesterday!