Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wacked out allergy or something worse? Yikes

This morning on the train, I breathed in something that apparently did not like me. As a matter of fact, it appears that I must be allergic to something here. However, it seems like the allergy only affects my left eye and nostril - what the heck is that all about?

What happens with this allergy thing (?) is that it looks like I have been crying (because my left eye constantly tears up), my left nostril runs whenever the eye tears, and my eye gets all hot and puffy. Awesome. By lunch today, it was bugging me so much that I went down to the local Rite Aid and get some allergy medication. I spoke with Mom and the pharmacist, and I ended up getting Zyrtec D. I took it at 1:30, and have yet to see much improvement. In fact, I had to leave work early today and go work from home for the rest of the afternoon so I could take my contacts out and see if I could soothe my inflamed eye!

This are definitely not the most flattering picture ever (in fact, it's quite terrible), but I wanted
to show how puffy my eye got today. Two guesses as to which eye is affected!

I'm pretty sure it isn't pink eye, because it feels like something in my nose triggers the tears and runny nose.

Travis was very nice and got me some ice cream because he thought it might make me feel better. It didn't, but it did taste good! :)

Here's hoping this goes away overnight!!!!

-SKH

2 comments:

joannamauselina said...

You poor thing! Allergies are the worst. Sometimes taking a hot shower helps. It seems to wash away those allergens and one feels better for a while.

Schmiddy said...

Yikes! Hope you are feeling better baby sister!