Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fire bowl for the Hensch house

I realized today that I hadn't been to a Target store since Mom was in town. This means that I literally hadn't been to the Bullseye in over three weeks! Even worse, I didn't even realize it - Travis texted me today to see if I would go buy a fire bowl, and I thought, "Whoa, I wonder if Target even has the outdoor stuff out..." In Minnesota, this simply could not have occurred. In Minnesota, I went to Target at least 4-5 times per week. (The SuperTarget was less than a mile away from the house, it was super convenient.) I knew what was on display!

Target, I am sorry! I'd say it won't happen again, but it probably will. The grocery store aspect of SuperTarget was likely why I went to so often. Washington state doesn't have any SuperTargets.

Anyways, as the title of this post suggests, we are now the proud owners of a fire bowl! I picked up the Odessa (I think) fire bowl today, and was able to use both my employee discount (well, spousal discount) and a 10% off card that we had from using the Target pharmacy ten times. Sweet deal! I brought it home, and sat out on the patio to build it. It was surprisingly easy to build, even for me. I also picked up some firewood, so we should be set.

As I mentioned, Travis texted me today while he was out fishing, asking me to go get this so we could have a fire tonight. (The weather today has been gorgeous.) Ironically, he is now sleeping on the couch because he is tired from fishing and playoff hockey is on TV. We'll see if we have a fire tonight or not!! :)

Luna and CW, hopefully we will be able to have a nice fire - cross your fingers for good weather.

-SKH

1 comment:

Luna said...

Cool!

Plans are coming together - we're going to have dinner with college friends on Thurs and then stay downtown. And it sounds like the Vancouver side trip is on. This is going to be great!